Sunday, August 30, 2015

More Color on the Appaloosa Mare:

Layers and layers and more layers.  She's now got the varnishing and the almost what you'd call dappling in the coat.  It's coming along.  She's gonna be loud!




Now I've added the pink speckling on her face and pink shading in layers on her mare parts.  It's just taking so many layers of color.  What I do is I will put the white on, then I wet wash remove some of it to fade it out.  Then I will wet wash over top of it again. Wet washing is a method where you think down the paint, (in this case white) and you dab it on liberally with either a saturated Q-Tip or a brush. But it's very wet and there's a lot on the brush. You put it on liberally, then you take a dampened Q-Tip and dab at it til it comes off in some areas but it leaves holes in the color.  You have to get a  rhythm doing this. You dab it on then dab it off. You keep doing it over and over. You let the water thin it down and give it the look you want.
She's going to be much darker in the end, but right now she's just got a lot of white wash on her. She's got the base coating of a mane but it's no where near complete yet. 
She's got eyes.  I need to start doing fine detail work on tiny spotting in her neck and face now.  And I haven't even begun the legs. But this is so far. 







No comments:

Post a Comment