Friday, February 13, 2015

Shire has a neck:

The shire has a neck but I may need to shorten it now.  And I may drop her head a little bit.  Not actually drop it but tuck it down a little more.  I've seen some pictures where Shires have their heads held high but some of them are also more relaxed.  I don't know yet.  The necks on some shires are that long and others are way short.  Conformation on Shires it seems is a difference of opinion, because I'm scrolling through horse show pictures and I'm seeing champion after champion and some have longer legs than others, some have thicker necks, and some have longer backs, some have shorter backs.  It's crazy! Some of them have a more pronounced butt slope and some are more rounded. Yet they all apparently have pleased a judge to feel they best represent the Shire breed the way they individually look.  That or there just were such a diverse group of them at the shows those days that they were forced to picked the best of the worst.  I doubt it though.  Oh well, I hope my lady looks half way decent once she's done.  I did some sculpting and evened up the right front leg a bit but I haven't done as much to the left front leg yet.  I shaved down the hind legs a little and will do some more in sanding. I added all I could to her neck for the time but I couldn't add the whole amount because it was just too soft.  I need to finish the neck. She needs more of a bottom lip also. It's coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment