Monday, September 22, 2014

"Blue" the paint horse, The Kirin, and the new Nightmare Stablemate!:

Here's the paint horse commission.  It's coming along.  I've got a peg on his leg for stability but I think I'm going to have to nix that and use the platform base for him.  I just don't like it if he's unstable on three legs.  BUT you do what you have to do. lol  He's got a tail which I'm gonna trim down more and he's got the beginning of a mane. 

I'm also working on this little Friesian Stablemate rearing.  He's got a lot more to go but I use the extra clay I mix up from the other projects to add to him.  The same with the Kirin.



I've added more to the Kirin also.  He's so cute.  I LOVE this one!



And here's a western pleasure horse I'm doing.  I wasn't going to do him in a western pleasure walking pose but I changed the neck at the last minute.  I may need to lengthen it some more though.  I don't know.  I am going to resculpt that mouth , so that may help in the look overall to.  The more I look at the neck the more I think it should be longer though.  But I did go by some reference photos and they were that same length.  I don't know though.  My eyes are just playing tricks on me.  

And Ta da! the new Nightmare for this Halloween.  It's a second Nightmare Stablemate sized version of a traditional past creation.  The Minie "Banshee" Nightmare model. The only one like it.  He's nearly completed with sculpting carving phase.





No comments:

Post a Comment