Friday, January 31, 2014

Andalusian Painting and Concept photo for next donated portrait:

God it's annoying posting on this blogspot.  I love the blog, don't get me wrong, but it's just all the technical bugs that keep happening. And I don't know who to write to to report this problem. I don't even know if it's on my computer's end or if this is happening to others using this blogspot site.  I prefer to get online through AOL. But when I go to select a photo from my hard drive and post it in a message.  It just sits there.  It wont upload. It just sits there processing the photo like it's sending it to the blog but it just freezes that way.  It WAS working for a while then all of a sudden it's been acting like that.  Then, I was having a problem with the screen resolution. I couldn't see the icons to upload images or center the paragraph. They would double up on themselves and I couldn't get to them.  So I would have to literally take my mouse and grab the side of the screen and push it inward causing the icons to bunch up in a smaller table area.  Then select what I wanted.  So, now since the pictures wouldn't upload the easy way, (I was resorting to uploading them to photobucket, THEN pasting the url to this blog-Translation =pain in the ass)  So now I'm loggin into this thing using Internet Explorer (which I hate using) But for some odd reason I can get the images to upload from my browser using IE.  Go figure.  BUT I still have to push the screen inward and I have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to go up and down if I need to move my cursor back a few words to edit. Because guess what! I can't just use my mouse to place my cursor point anywhere in the paragraph.  I have to use the arrows because touching the screen with the mouse does nothing.  This is a pain in the ass. And I've been through google's help options... Nothing. It always says Error On page at the bottom of my screen whenever I log in here too..  So I'm thinking this is a google thing.  I finally get used to having a blog and figure out how to set it up and use it...and it turns out I will probably have to get a different one.  One that WORKS! 
Ok, rant over....  

Anyway, I'm done with the Andalusian painting. It looks pretty much  like the photo I went by but it's a little different. I added the front fence and changed the background a little.  The camera I'm using is getting a horrible glare from the matt spray I sealed it in, and it's also so hard to photograph canvas because the resolution is so big on the camera it picks up the little texture of the canvas, and when I reduce the image down to a normal size, it gets all these wavy tv screen looking texture to it distorting the picture.  I'm going to see if my brother will take a picture of it with his smart phone and I'll see if I can use that.  That's the image I was using of the shepherd in here.  One he took with the Iphone. The pictures I took didn't look at smooth. Anyway, the painting looks better from further away. My paintins always do. Especially the background because it's supposed to be hazy from being further away, so up close the thing looks sloppy to me.   I was told most paintings do look sloppy up close. I don't know.  Anywayyyy.
This is the picture I just took of it before my camera batteries went dead.  I'll take a better shot tomorrow.
And this is the concept art for the Dalmation I'm doing next month for the local Fire Department. I took a photo of a dog I found online, then a photo of a firetruck I found online, then removed the boots and stuff that was in front of the truck, and added the dog.  Then found another image of a helmet online, then added that, then I found another dalmation I liked way better but it was in the wrong position, so I just took that picture of that one's spot pattern I liked and added more spots to the dog I am using.  I gave the laying down dalmation the spots from the standing one I liked better.  The laying down one was too white anyway. So I edited the tint and the contrast and duplicated the road under the dog and added shadow and highlight and ....anyway. I created the image I wanted , so now all I have to do is get it printed out at Walmart, and paint it on a canvas.

Hey check this out.. lol  Wanna see the dog before I added more spots?

I liked this one's face better... I mostly used this as a guide and improvised. Anyway, I think it's going to look nice. I'll post pictures of it in here from start to finish.  From drawing to finished painting. So stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment