Friday, September 6, 2013

Purple Power...Let's see if it works:

Bought some Purple Power finally.  Got the big jug at Advance Auto. It came to a total of $14.00 and change with tax.  I got a container with a lid at Walmart and dumped all the Purple stuff in, then added an old Breyer body I had that needed stripping.  Let's see.  

 I left the horse in there for about an hour and a half or more and took this next picture.  You can see the side that was down in the purple stuff has now got bubbled up paint that feels like slime all over the areas that were submerged.  The horse floats unfortunately and I didn't have anything to weight it down with so I'm just going to count the areas that stayed in the liquid.  It works pretty good so far, and one good thing is the purple power feels really nice on your hands, though I wouldn't recommend keeping your hands in it for too long. It's strong stuff.  It feels like mild slick soapy fluid that smells pleasant.  At least I thought so anyway. Anything is better than the smell of nail polish remover.  I'll come back tomorrow and see what the horse looks like. 
But here it is after a short time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment