Friday, February 22, 2013

New Breyer Marwari arrived!

My second Marwari model has just come in.  The ears not only are smushed again, but this time they don't match.  lol  One's rounded at the end and a lot shorter than the other one.  But no matter!  I'm cutting him up anyway!!  I'LL FIX IT!  lol  I think this time I'm actually going to make him a Marwari only I'm turning the ears around and I'm seriously considering lowing  the head on this one and make him dancing. Torn on the color though.  I read that Grey Marwari's are a most preferred color and a mark of great wealth.  And also, a tip I found in my big horse reference book.  They have a photo of a chestnut Marwari horse and the caption says, "An imposter:" and go on to say that this horse must be crossed with something because they said that chestnuts were not an accepted color and are very undesirable in Marwaris.  So to any artists out there, don't paint your Marwari's chestnut unless you plan to call it a mixture of Marwari and thoroughbred or something. Apparently it's just as frowned upon as chestnut in lusitanos is or was.

No comments:

Post a Comment