Friday, February 22, 2013

More progress pictures!

Cupid fianally has another new antler started.  Hopefully 6 is a charm.


Next, the boys are primed and ready to go.  Adios, and the Ideal.  Adios has the new neck and the shaved resculpted face, new tail, new stallion parts with the male organ slightly relaxed and visable and finally hopefully I believe will either be an appaloosa or an APH.  I'm leaning into the paint horse but I don't know what he'll wind up making me do to him.
The Ideal Quarter Horse is as I said before (I think I said before...-Did I mention that??) the portrait model for Peptoboonsmal. He's had a new neck, dropped head, new tail, his stomach filled out a little to not look so skinny and high on the legs and a little more solid and stocky. He's got a new fully chest. He's had alittle bit more muscle added to the back legs. And wouldn't you know it, upon closer inspection the model's right eye was completely warped and sunken in, so I had to give him a whole new right eye.  Then the left eye didn't match it so I had to give him a whole new left eye. Sanded the eyes down to the sockets and made new eyes.  Who's Your Daddy!!




last but not least, so far...  is the Thoroughbred Mare and the Heartbreaker foal set. I have to explain that for some oddball reason the foal's coloring is not photographing well in these first few pictures.  AT ALL.  She's not that yellow and orange.  She's very subtle and more light nutmeg, but for some reason i may be getting a reflection and some kinf of weird feedback from the redness of the mare and the light I'm using.  Yeah, and the intergallactic swamp gases on Venus reflected off the moon's surface causing a weird light.  .......
One one of the pictures the foal looks the most closest to what she really looks like.



 The foal looks closest to this picture below but she's still not this yellow.


I'm not sure if I want the mare to have a lighter or darker red tail and mane.  I have to antiques and shade the muscles and bring out her features.  I also get to decide the fun part.  What markings to give her.  She'll have a leather halter and so will the foal to complete the picture.  It's funny.  I had planned to do this mare in a deep rich bay.  And she for some reason just became a chestnut.  I don't know. lol  It happens.  I wonder if I should go and make her bay now?  Not too late.  I like her as a chestnut though.  If Breyer hadn't already done it, I would have painted her as Rags To Riches and her filly that looks just like her.  I doubt my blog is that popular that I get much traffic at all but any suggestions are welcome on some chestnut thoroughbred racing mares..

No comments:

Post a Comment